Sunday, March 22, 2015

Answers To Life's Biggest Questions

I went for a walk this weekend, enjoying the beautiful spring weather, and the beautiful notes of the songs on Secret Garden's "White Stones" album on my iPod.  I chose that album specifically because of the feeling of sacredness and spirituality that is elicited in my body when I listen to it.  I dearly appreciate walking meditation and this music has a meditative effect on my mind and body.

That music was a very powerful trigger, as it happened.  A few minutes into my walk, my mind was flooded with decade-old memories of similar walking meditations in my former neighborhood -- sacred woodland park land just behind my home, populated with wildlife, a gurgling stream flowing parallel with the walking path.  In the late 90's and early 2000's, I was in my early 40's and going through what some might label 'a mid-life crisis.'  At the age of 43, I had reached a point where I was ready, and eager, to deal with issues that had been dogging me for years -- namely, why do I always have this nagging, low-grade feeling of worry in my stomach?  What IS this feeling?  Does anyone else feel this way? 

And, of course, the ultimate consideration:  Who am I and why am I here?


Soon into my walk, I had a sudden and delicious moment of awareness -- all the questions I'd been asking have been answered and here I am more than ten years later, happier and more peaceful.  And while there had been challenging times, the experience had been rich with deep insights, meaningful conversations, sacred relationships and wisdom won through perseverance, persistence and grace.

I understand now that these 10+ years brought out in me, talents and gifts and abilities that had lain dormant for most of my life -- and that would lead me to my life's purpose, which is assisting my Human brothers and sisters on the path to self-actualization.  I am one of those way showers who can truly say, "If my troubles and difficulties can help even one person to avoid that pain, it was well worth it."



Each of us is pure potential, and each of us has the ability to save the world.  "Many are called but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

Do you find yourself asking those same questions?  Everyone does at some point in their life.  But do we pursue the answers?  Because, in my experience, those answers are worth pursuing -- they are not difficult to reach and those answers make all the difference in the quality of the life that we experience.



Do you find yourself in the same place?  Do you feel stuck and frustrated?  I can help you--I've been there and I know the path! 

If you have questions, or maybe you are looking for a spiritual mentor, I hope you will email me!  In the meantime, check back here each week for more information about our journey to self-actualization -- and join me on BlogTalk Radio starting Thursday, April 2.  This is a new program where you will have an opportunity to call in with your questions and situations, to get information, insight and practical tools to change your life and move forward with optimism and anticipation!

For a taste of the content of my past shows, I invite you to click here to listen.

I hope to have the opportunity to talk with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment