Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spiritual Unfoldment

Why Are We Here?



Last Thursday afternoon, after my last weekly Wednesday night conference call, I received a Facebook posting from a member of my Law of Attraction Meetup group.  The topic of that evening’s call was “When You’re Going Through Hell . . . Keep Going!”  I remember much of the information that was coming through had to do with Shadow experiences being potential pathways to revelation and healing. I also recall affirming a closely-held tenet of the Law of Attraction – focusing on how we want to feel really is the most efficient way to alignment with our higher self and subsequent healing of any situation.

Here is Frank G.’s Facebook posting, verbatim:


“Hi Mary Jo ..listened to your talk last night. Heard some good things but couldn't reconcile some of what was said with Law of attraction as interpreted by Esther Hicks. You mentioned that sometimes we do not get what we want because it is not in keeping with our higher self's interest,etc, but in my understanding we are creators and what we think about we create good or bad. This would mean that there is no higher self to impede our desires "good" or 'bad". Can you give me your take on this? Thanks. Frank”

I believe that Abraham does acknowledge the Higher Self, when Esther speaks of the “broader, older, wiser you” that resides in non-physical.  When we are ‘in the flow’ of life, we feel peaceful and our connection with Higher Self is clear and open.  And conversely, when we feel peaceful, we are ‘in the flow’ of life and our connection with Higher Self is clear and open.
The short answer is, the Law of Attraction is about aligning ourselves vibrationally to co-create our experience.  We are co-creators, and more accurately, attractors. 
We are Spiritual beings, having a human experience, and whether we take that into consideration when expressing our desires or not, our Spiritual nature and all that entails* plays a significant role in the co-creation process.  (See more on this below)
Our experiences and co-creations are significantly influenced by the vibrational underpinnings that we build on.  If we express a desire that is not in alignment with Who We Really Are and who we came here to be, and we persevere in this desire even when the path continues to be rocky and crumbling, and frustration and disappointment are our constant companions – we may manifest the desire eventually here in the physical but chances are very high we will not find our true happiness in that manifestation. 
Higher Self never impedes.  It is limitless, timeless.  Higher self does not judge our desires – like a truly loving presence, it has higher knowledge and wisdom of our Soul’s purpose on the Earth plane, and it allows us our choices.  If our choices are based in lower self, egoic thought forms – the need to please others, vanity, lack, greed, arrogance – those carry their own vibration and that is the vibration we will experience.
*If you are interested in more on this topic, I invite you to read on – more food for thought!
On Friday, I responded to Frank’s posting, promising a quick response to the Meetup group.  I could relate to his question – it’s a question I’ve grappled with as well.  But each time I sat down to write a response, I encountered empty space.  The response wasn’t immediately evident and flowing, and that usually means (in my personal experience) more information is forthcoming.  And it was.
I do remember saying something closely akin to what Frank G. is asking about.  In some part of my consciousness, I almost censored the words coming from my mouth for the exact reason that Frank states so eloquently, but after speaking and teaching for more than 3 years, I have learned to present the information as given to me and let the process unfold as it will, for a higher and greater good.

I have been a deliberate and conscious student of the Law of Attraction for more than 8 years now.  My intention, from day one, has been to understand as completely as possible, my relationship with myself and with my Creator. 
1.  Each of us is here to become consciously aware of sacred cosmic truth on an individual level.
This has been a thread in my consciousness from the time I was very young, but it all came to the surface in 2003.  And that’s when I chose to take the study of the Law of Attraction seriously.
After 4 or 5 years of study and practice – and in that time, teaching and speaking – I began to have this deeper sense about the nature and purpose of the Law of Attraction.
 On the one hand, I was delighted by the teachings of Abraham through Esther Hicks, and subsequently, “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne and “The Game of Life and How to Play It,” by Florence Scovel Shinn, among others.  I felt uplifted!  I felt optimistic and joyful anticipation, and most of all relief – relief that there was a different and better way for me to think about my relationship with Creation and that these outlets for that information clearly supported that.
On the other hand, in late 2009, I remember very clearly feeling disturbed about my then-current understanding, and subsequent teaching.  I remember that I was reading a book of considerable substance, about ancient wisdom, 2012, and universal transformation.  And since I’ve been studying and integrating LOA principles for the past six years, I habitually synthesize all newly incoming information with LOA.  What disturbed me was the feeling, the intuition that the Law of Attraction as I currently understood and appreciated it, was not the Be-All and End-All.  It was not the end of the road.  There was more, I could feel it, but I was experiencing considerable confusion about that.
But, I had come to trust the process – because of my new beliefs based in the Law of Attraction and the positive and uplifting experiences that I was having as a result of changing how I thought about life and who I was and my role in Creation.  Despite feeling confused, I knew the best way was to allow unfoldment, rather than resisting what I was interpreting as a contradiction in my learning.  I kept asking for clarity and revelation, all the while asserting my trust in Creation.
I feel strongly that our experience here is significant on the cosmic level, the material level and the individual level, as well as the spiritual and etheric levels – it’s about more than our earthly desires. 
2.  Each of us is here to know ourselves, so life, our experiences, our path involves awakening to the inner processes of our soul and our Higher Self.
So I continued to study and read, and talk with my teacher David.  David’s esoteric understanding of consciousness and a deeper wisdom was – and still continues to be – invaluable to me in quenching my never-ending thirst for understanding and revelation. 
I continued to ask for clarity, because I did NOT want to give up on all that I’d been learning for the past six years.  I knew that the Law of Attraction was real, and working in our lives.  I knew the information was relevant and valid because of my own personal experiences in working with it deliberately.
And then, one morning on the subway, as I was reading a book by Cal Garrison, called “Astrology of 2012 and Beyond,” it came to me.  I was reading about one of the possible, less uplifting scenarios of this time in history, and I recognized that I had heard some of the same unsettling information in Ms. Garrison’s book, from other and totally unrelated sources – sources I know to be credible.  It’s been my experience that when I hear something more than twice, from unrelated sources, I benefit from paying close attention.  I experience a heightened awareness that something is about to be revealed.  Rather than identifying with the disturbing feelings, and allowing my thoughts to follow a fearful path, I recognized the invitation to look deeper, and so I asked myself, “What is really going on here?”
As I asked the question, I heard these words in my head – “It’s a gateway.”  The Law of Attraction is a gateway to a deeper wisdom, a gateway to a higher level of unfoldment and connection to Christed consciousness.  I experienced a heart recognition that there is so much more to life than the material world – there is the deep, fulfilling moment of clarity that we are souls, here on this earth plane intentionally to experience something sacred and mystical and Divine.
3. The maturization process involves accepting that something bigger than me is calling the shots.
Some of us reject that idea.  The Ego says, “Oh, yeah?  Well, what about free will?  I want what I want, and you said I have free will!”  The Ego is like the little child who doesn’t have the broader vision and higher perspective to recognize its highest expression.  It wants what it wants right NOW!  The Higher Self, with its pristine connection to I AM consciousness, has the intricate task of bringing back into the fold, all those aspects of lower consciousness that are mesmerized and distracted by all the delicious and beautiful temptations of physical experience. 
The Ego resists this “maturing” process – the synchronization of our earthly, material nature with our higher, spiritual nature.  Maturization requires patience, and the Ego is short on patience, wisdom and vision.  Maturing and unfoldment require that we allow our process of development and we do that by aligning ourselves vibrationally with our Higher Self.  This ultimately helps us to understand our individual journey.  This is how we come to terms with blending the material and the spiritual.
The highest response is to work together with our I AM.  We do this by becoming aware of how this I AM interacts with us, through all of our life experience.  And that is what unfoldment is about.  Our life is ultimately devoted to expressing aspects of our I AM.
Now that may not sit well with the Ego, or the lower self. While there is nothing wrong with the desires of the physical world – whether it’s a material possession, a relationship, or a condition – the next step in the maturation process is recognizing that the foundation of those desires is emotional satisfaction.  Emotional satisfaction is fleeting, at best.  But if we consciously seek to become familiar with our I AM (through our feeling process, climbing the ladder of the feelings higher and higher), the benefits are myriad.  There is no resistance, or karma, created; we feel much better so our vibration climbs; we step more fully into our role as a bridge between heaven and earth; and we attract into our physical experience those aspects of the material world that are in alignment with (on the same frequency as) our feelings of love.  Our desires then take their appropriate place in the creation process, we become less attached to “material” outcomes, thereby eventually becoming more and more “peaceful and happy just because.” 
William Shakespeare said it so eloquently:  “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment